Course SQL - Querying Data with Transact-SQL 20761
- Book Now
- Request a Quote
- Public Scheduled Price£2295 +VAT
Please contact us to discuss options for this coursePublic ScheduledPublic ScheduledFixed content, fixed date, fixed location, fixed length, multiple organisations - All you need to do is choose which course you would like to attend and contact us to book!PrivatePrivateFlexible content, flexible date, flexible location, variable length, private to your organisation - Courses can be held at one of our training venues or at another location convenient to you. Training can be set over a number of days or weeks to allow for practice time between training sessions.BespokeBespokeBespoke private training can be based on an existing course or a number of lessons taken from several courses, we can also write bespoke courses for you based on your in-house systems or development program.
OverviewThis course is designed to introduce students to Transact-SQL. It is designed in such a way that the first three days can be taught as a course to students requiring the knowledge for other courses in the SQL Server curriculum. Days 4 & 5 teach the remaining skills required to take exam 70-761.
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Describe key capabilities and components of SQL Server 2016.
- Describe T-SQL, sets, and predicate logic.
- Write a single table SELECT statement.
- Write a multi-table SELECT statement.
- Write SELECT statements with filtering and sorting.
- Describe how SQL Server uses data types.
- Write DML statements.
- Write queries that use built-in functions.
- Write queries that aggregate data.
- Write subqueries.
- Create and implement views and table-valued functions.
- Use set operators to combine query results.
- Write queries that use window ranking, offset, and aggregate functions.
- Transform data by implementing pivot, unpivot, rollup and cube.
- Create and implement stored procedures.
- Add programming constructs such as variables, conditions, and loops to T-SQL code.
CertificationThis course covers the major exam topics required for Microsoft Exam 761 - Querying Data with Transact-SQL
- The main purpose of the course is to give students a good understanding of the Transact-SQL language which is used by all SQL Server-related disciplines; namely, Database Administration, Database Development and Business Intelligence. As such, the primary target audience for this course is: Database Administrators, Database Developers and BI professionals.
- For courses held on our premises, complimentary tea, coffee and biscuits are available. Lunch is not provided, however, there is a wide variety of eateries within a short walk of the centre.
- Comprehensive course materials and exercises
INTRODUCTION TO MICROSOFT SQL SERVER 2016This module introduces SQL Server, the versions of SQL Server, including cloud versions, and how to connect to SQL Server using SQL Server Management Studio.
• The Basic Architecture of SQL Server
• SQL Server Editions and Versions
• Getting Started with SQL Server Management Studio
INTRODUCTION TO T-SQL QUERYINGThis module describes the elements of T-SQL and their role in writing queries. Describe the use of sets in SQL Server. Describe the use of predicate logic in SQL Server. Describe the logical order of operations in SELECT statements.
• Introducing T-SQL
• Understanding Sets
• Understanding Predicate Logic
• Understanding the Logical Order of Operations in SELECT statements
WRITING SELECT QUERIESThis module introduces the fundamentals of the SELECT statement, focusing on queries against a single table.
• Writing Simple SELECT Statements
• Eliminating Duplicates with DISTINCT
• Using Column and Table Aliases
• Writing Simple CASE Expressions
QUERYING MULTIPLE TABLESThis module describes how to write queries that combine data from multiple sources in Microsoft SQL Server 2016.
• Understanding Joins
• Querying with Inner Joins
• Querying with Outer Joins
• Querying with Cross Joins and Self Joins
SORTING AND FILTERING DATAThis module describes how to implement sorting and filtering.
• Sorting Data
• Filtering Data with Predicates
• Filtering Data with TOP and OFFSET-FETCH
• Working with Unknown Values
WORKING WITH SQL SERVER 2016 DATA TYPESThis module introduces the data types SQL Server uses to store data.
• Introducing SQL Server 2016 Data Types
• Working with Character Data
• Working with Date and Time Data
USING DML TO MODIFY DATAThis module describes how to create DML queries, and why you would want to.
• Inserting Data
• Modifying and Deleting Data
USING BUILT-IN FUNCTIONSThis module introduces some of the many built in functions in SQL Server 2016.
• Writing Queries with Built-In Functions
• Using Conversion Functions
• Using Logical Functions
• Using Functions to Work with NULL
GROUPING AND AGGREGATING DATAThis module describes how to use aggregate functions.
• Using Aggregate Functions
• Using the GROUP BY Clause
• Filtering Groups with HAVING
USING SUBQUERIESThis module describes several types of subquery and how and when to use them.
• Writing Self-Contained Subqueries
• Writing Correlated Subqueries
• Using the EXISTS Predicate with Subqueries
USING TABLE EXPRESSIONSPreviously in this course, you learned about using subqueries as an expression that returned results to an outer calling query. Like subqueries, table expressions are query expressions, but table expressions extend this idea by allowing you to name them and to work with their results as you would work with data in any valid relational table. Microsoft SQL Server 2016 supports four types of table expressions: derived tables, common table expression (CTEs), views, and inline table-valued functions (TVFs). In this module, you will learn to work with these forms of table expressions and learn how to use them to help create a modular approach to writing queries.
• Using Views
• Using Inline Table-Valued Functions
• Using Derived Tables
• Using Common Table Expressions
USING SET OPERATORSThis module introduces how to use the set operators UNION, INTERSECT, and EXCEPT to compare rows between two input sets.
• Writing Queries with the UNION operator
• Using EXCEPT and INTERSECT
• Using APPLY
USING WINDOWS RANKING, OFFSET, AND AGGREGATE FUNCTIONSThis module describes the benefits to using window functions. Restrict window functions to rows defined in an OVER clause, including partitions and frames. Write queries that use window functions to operate on a window of rows and return ranking, aggregation, and offset comparison results.
• Creating Windows with OVER
• Exploring Window Functions
PIVOTING AND GROUPING SETSThis module describes write queries that pivot and unpivot result sets. Write queries that specify multiple groupings with grouping sets
• Writing Queries with PIVOT and UNPIVOT
• Working with Grouping Sets
EXECUTING STORED PROCEDURESThis module describes how to return results by executing stored procedures. Pass parameters to procedures. Create simple stored procedures that encapsulate a SELECT statement. Construct and execute dynamic SQL with EXEC and sp_executesql.
• Querying Data with Stored Procedures
• Passing Parameters to Stored procedures
• Creating Simple Stored Procedures
• Working with Dynamic SQL
PROGRAMMING WITH T-SQLThis module describes how to enhance your T-SQL code with programming elements.
• T-SQL Programming Elements
• Controlling Program Flow
Wed 07 October - Tue 13 October in Manchester More Info Day 1: Wed 07 October in Manchester, 9:30 - 16:30Day 2: Thu 08 October in Manchester, 9:30 - 16:30Day 3: Fri 09 October in Manchester, 9:30 - 16:30Day 4: Mon 12 October in Manchester, 9:30 - 16:30Day 5: Tue 13 October in Manchester, 9:30 - 16:30Book
Mon 14 December - Fri 18 December in Manchester More Info Day 1: Mon 14 December in Manchester, 9:30 - 16:30Day 2: Tue 15 December in Manchester, 9:30 - 16:30Day 3: Wed 16 December in Manchester, 9:30 - 16:30Day 4: Thu 17 December in Manchester, 9:30 - 16:30Day 5: Fri 18 December in Manchester, 9:30 - 16:30Book
IT Training Solutions Ltd
Oakville, 14 Durham Road West, Bowburn, Durham, DH6 5AU
0191 377 8377
Oakville, 14 Durham Road West, Bowburn, Durham, DH6 5AU
0191 377 8377